Sep 4, 2017

Just in case.

If anyone thought I was making it up about the person who took over the department being in over his head after a 50 plus hour week, leaving at 11:30 on a Friday night, exactly what I thought would happen has started happening.

All day Saturday I was deluged by texts from this idiot.

Why?

Because he’s not able to do his job and he desperately needs people to hold his hand. So, I got a series of texts from who I shall henceforth refer to as clowny boy. Clowny boy texted me and I woke up and saw the texts an hour or two after I got them and responded. Of course, clowny boy in the midst of his panic attack no longer can’t be bothered to text back.

I had to go, log in to my work email and reach out to the AE on the account, which I did. After some back and forth, a short while later clowny boy checked in with some more texts in his frat boy clubbishness.

A few more hours passed and then I got another text from our hero telling me I was needed on ‘stand-by’ for a call at 5pm. My response was, “This is billable time.”

Of course I didn’t hear anything after that.

Today I got a phone call which thankfully I did not pick up with our hero intruding for the third time on the long weekend with work.

He left a message.

I’ve blocked his number.

The company I’m working for has a time clock, you punch in and punch out and are paid on those entries. As far as I can see, if an employer is going to be so miserly and obsessed about time I certainly shouldn’t be giving up any of mine in charity.

I’ve been told by several people to simply quit.

It’s fascinating to me, I mean in the sense that if I take a step back from the situation, it appears to be a total abuse but then I think to myself is this really worth it? Again, I can’t control other people I can only control myself and set limits. It’s clear my current employer or at least my current supervisor believes there are no limits whatsoever.

Further, I’ve seen him contradict his behavior in what he says and what he does on more than one occasion. Specifically although I was told telecommuting was part and parcel of the job, I’ve been told I haven’t been with the company long enough to telecommute even though I’ve seen clowny boy give work to others who have started after I started to take home with them.

Oh, and did I mention this same buffoon has thought it’s okay to walk by my desk and punch me in the shoulder? Last time I checked, that’s something you don’t do. Would you believe I have never had ANYONE do that to me in the workplace.

I mean this is becoming simply amazing.

But you know, talking about shitty work situations is never a good thing. The best thing I think I can do is to manage to take a bit of a mental vacation as often as possible and remove myself from the immediacy of the surroundings and people. Carving out that little amount of space away from the insanity of other people to keep myself sane.
 

No comments: